Carpets: Is the comfort worth the effort?
Carpets have become commonplace in our homes. Choosing carpet flooring for rooms in your home will help to improve your home’s appearance. Furthermore, it will reward you many times over as you enjoy its many benefits which include;
- A carpet provides an ideal and comfortable place to sit, play or work. Rooms that have carpets feel cozier than those without.
- Carpets provide thermal resistance and help to retain warm air in your home. This increases your home’s energy efficiency and makes the house comfortable during cold months.
- Aesthetic appeal. Since they are available in numerous designs, prints, and colors, carpets can add beauty and style to your home’s interior. Due to the variety available, you can easily choose a unique one that personalizes your living space.
- Improved indoor air quality. Experts have proven that a carpet can act as a passive air filter, trapping pollen, dust and other particles and removing them from the breathing zone. People with allergies and asthma often report an improvement in their symptoms after installing carpet flooring.
- Your carpet can improve household’s safety by cushioning you in case of a slip or fall. This greatly minimizes your chances of sustaining injuries.
Your carpet will require regular maintenance to keep it clean. It is advisable to vacuum carpets at least twice a week for a household of two and more frequently for a larger household. High traffic areas such as the kitchen, lounge or stairs will require more vacuuming than others. For this, you will need a strong, well-functioning and properly-filtered vacuum cleaner.
Develop a habit of cleaning up spills and stains on carpets as soon as they occur. Blot up spills from the outside towards the center to avoid spreading the stain. Fabric detergent or white vinegar normally come in handy when cleaning up common carpet stains. Avoid using soapy solutions to clean your carpet since the residual soap scum can dry to become a sticky dirt or mold attractor. Furthermore, never rub a stain as you could permanently damage the carpet fibers.
No matter how well you clean your carpet, sometimes you will need assistance from local professional carpet cleaners. While the carpet might appear clean on the surface, periodic cleaning by a technician can remove hidden dirt and help the carpet retain its beautiful appearance.
Finding a certified professional is as simple as getting referrals from your friends. Alternatively, you can conduct a simple search online by typing in your location followed by “carpet cleaning services,” “carpet cleaners” or any variation of these words. For instance, if you live in Oakville, you can search for carpet cleaning in Oakville to find the finest professional carpet cleaners around you.
Remember that a clean carpet makes for a healthy living environment and enhances the look and feel of your home. Always ensure that you regularly vacuum your carpet to give it a better appearance. Once in a while, treat your carpet to an extreme clean by certified technicians both to keep it fresh as well as to increase its life span. Your home will thank you for your effort.